Numerous Men Uncovered in Sex Sting
POLK COUNTY- 38 men were arrested in an online undercover Polk County sting for attempting to engage in sexual acts with minors.
The suspects include a man who is already registered as a sex offender and another man who is a 5th grade public school teacher and a youth soccer coach.
During the sting, undercover detectives posted fake ads and profiles on various websites pretending to be children or custodians of children.
Many of the men drove to a house to meet children for sex, but were met by detectives instead.
- Sex Sting Puts Seven Men Behind Bars
- School Teacher Arrested in Undercover Sex Sting
- Undercover Sex Sting Nabs Seven Men, as Police Blame Paper for Exposing Operation
- Online Child Sex Sting Nets 26 Arrests
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- Court: Florida Man Can't Be Held As Sex Offender
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- Youth Soccer League Member Charged with Embezzlement
- Silver Springs Man netted in internet sex sting