Report of St. Lucie Girls' Abduction Ruled a Hoax
PORT ST. LUCIE (AP) - Police say a report of two girls being abducted at gunpoint in St. Lucie County was a hoax.
A Port St. Lucie boy has been arrested for making the false report, which prompted a police search on ground and in the air.
A police spokesman says the boy reported his sisters were taken Sunday afternoon by six masked individuals, one wielding a gun. A search ensued and surveillance tape at the site the girls were supposedly abducted from was reviewed, but the boy eventually confessed no kidnapping took place.
His name has not been released because he is a juvenile. He's been charged with making a false report.
- Willie Powers, Coaching Excellence In Girls' Basketball
- Report: Hazing Rules Ignored Before Death at FAMU
- Girl Almost Abducted in Newberry
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- State Appeals Ruling Voiding 'Docs vs. Glocks' Law
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Rulings on Gay Marriage Doesn't Affect Fla Ban
- Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
- Australian DJ's Speak Out On Royal Hoax
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida