Teen on Trial
The trial has started in the case of a Florida teen charged with nearly stomping a girl to death in 2010.
Broward County investigators say 17-year-old Wayne Treacy attacked Josie Lou Ratley after an apparent text messaging argument.
Ratley suffered irreparable brain damage from the beating and she has no memory of the incident.
The accused attacker is charged with first-degree attempted murder.
If convicted, he faces up to 50 years behind bars.
Jurors will be asked to decide if Treacy, who texted his violent plans to the victim and to two friends, was legally insane at the time of the attack.
- Deadliest Days for Teen Drivers
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car
- Florida Teen Graffiti Artist's Death Caused By Taser: Family Wants Justice
- Miami Beach Teen Dies Shortly After Being Tasered by Police
- Teen Attacked By An Alligator
- Brevard County Teen Gets Bitten by Shark and Thinks it is Cool
- Teen Burn Victim, Arrested on Drug Charges
- Search for Missing Fort Lauderdale Teen
- Trial Delayed in Brewer Case