Miami Officer Shot
Published August 1st, 2012
Happening around the state today, a Miami-Dade police officer is recovering from being shot several times during a drug sting Tuesday night.
Officers went to a home to bust a suspected Marijuana grow house.
When detectives asked for consent to search the home, they say a car pulled up and a man got out and started shooting.
Officers returned fire and killed the gunman.
The injured officer was shot in the stomach bus is in stable condition and is expected to survive.
A second suspect was wounded and is in police custody.
A third person is still missing.
- Miami Police Officer Stabbed During Confrontation
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Man Fires Shots Inside Office Building In Largo
- Services Planned For Windermere Officer Shot And Killed
- Palatka Police Officer Shot
- 3 Lake City officers shot
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Orlando and Miami Among Most Romantic Cities
- Diverted Plane Lands in Miami to Check Pressure
- Two Miami-Dade County Men Steal Bait Trailer