Civil War Era Cannonballs Discovered in Pensacola Beach
Published September 13th, 2012
PENSACOLA - Beach goers in Pensacola found nine Civil War era cannonballs, and it is all thanks to Hurricane Issac.
It seems the storm caused the cannonballs to wash ashore.
An explosive ordinance disposal team was brought in to check them out.
The team determined they were safe after they looked inside the metal shells and found no explosives.
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southeast took possession of the cannonballs.
They will be cleaned and coated with a substance that will help keep them from further degrading.
- Civil War Re-enactment Incident
- US Postal Service Releases 2 New Civil War Stamps
- Main Players in Syria's Civil War
- Ga. Civil War Camp Turns Up Hundreds of Artifacts
- 149 Years Since The Civil War Battle of Gainesville
- 150th Anniversary Of Civil War Battle In Olustee
- Civil War Reenactment Draws Hundreds to Williston
- Arrests Made in Pensacola Carjacking
- Missing Man's Kayak Washes Up in Pensacola
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car