Cop Dies in Motorcade Duty
WEST PALM BEACH - Tragedy strikes during President Obama's Florida visit over the weekend.
A veteran officer in the President's Motorcade was killed in an accident.
It happened Sunday while the the President was in West Palm Beach.
Police say a pickup truck hit the officer's motorcycle pushing him into a guardrail.
The officer was preparing to close access to the highway when the accident happened.
President Obama sent his condolences to the officer's family.
The crash happened near the front of the motorcade, and the president did not see it happen.
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
- Off-Duty Deputy Charged with Fleeing Traffic Stop
- Officer Killed in Line of Duty
- Presidential Race Overshadows Florida Primary
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
- Police Searching For Man Who Posed As Cop, Assaulted Woman
- Retired Cop Arrested For Killing Wife