Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Handicapped Children Housed in Nursing Homes
Published September 11th, 2012
TALLAHASSEE - Children suffering from mental and physical disabilities are being housed with seniors in nursing homes.
Those findings are part of an investigation by the Department of Justice.
DOJ says the children's civil rights are being denied because they often don't have access to education and can't socialize with their peers.
The governor says he wasn't aware of the situation until this past weekend.
So Scott is ordering the agency for Health Care Administration and the Department of Children and Families to investigate immediately.
Scott says he wants answers by the end of this week.
- Nursing Home Fraud
- Car Crashes into Nursing Home
- Nursing Home Nightmares Part Two
- Firefighters Extinguish Small Electrical Fire At Ocala Nursing Home
- Two Nursing Home Executives Charged With Medicaid Fraud
- New Bill Could Give Nurse Practitioners More Independence in Florida
- Body of Missing School Nurse Found
- Five Children Die in Citra House Fire
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students