Mother Charged for Administering Unknown Amount of Pills to Children
JACKSONVILLE - A Jacksonville mom faces child abuse charges after giving her three children an unknown amount of prescription pills.
Authorities say the Department of Children and Families called them after agents couldn't get in the home of 30-year-old Liara Mcglothan.
Once inside, deputies say they found the mother and her children unconscious on the floor.
The children, ages 3, 7 and 11 told authorities they were given several pills to go to sleep.
DCF received a complaint about Mcglothan earlier in the month.
Investigators had been to her home several times, but were unable to find any evidence of neglect or abuse.
The mother is expected to undergo a mental health evaluation and treatment.
- Caretaker Overdoses Patient, Charged with Murder
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Mother Kills Her 4 Children and Then Herself
- Mother Kills Herself and Four Children
- Mother Drives Three Children Into Ocean
- Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse