Tampa Family Mourns after Murder Suicide
Clearwater, FL--A Tampa area family is coping with the loss of two young children and their mother - after she killed them and then took her own life over the weekend.
Deputies say Dawn Brown killed her boys before hanging herself sometime Friday evening.
Her husband found her first-then their 9-year-old and 5-year-old boys tucked in bed, dressed in pajamas, already dead.
The family is devastated.
"We'll never know what she was thinking, but I can only imagine the pain that she was feeling."
Sources say Dawn faced welfare fraud charges for not reporting her husband's new job and illegally receiving food stamps.
She then sunk into depression.
Also their house, which is in foreclosure, had it's electricity turned off recently.
- Murder-Suicide at Tampa hospital
- Family Spotlight 9/30/10 "Depression and Suicide"
- Family Speaks Out On Double-Murder Suicide In Palatka
- No New Leads Six Years After Mother/Daughter Murdered
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Mother charged after leaving infant in car
- Family waiting for answers after 31-year-old murdered
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family
- Mass Murderer Executed After SCOTUS Rejects Schizophrenia Appeal