Chicago Bears Fan Dies After Man Cuts His Throat
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Chicago fan who came to Jacksonville for the Bears-Jaguars football game had his throat slashed inside a bar.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old William C. "Chris" Pettry died early Sunday inside Fionn MacCool's, an Irish-themed restaurant.
Twenty-seven-year-old Matthew Hinson is being held without bond on a murder charge. Jacksonville jail records didn't list an attorney for Hinson.
The Florida-Times Union reported on Monday that witnesses told detectives Hinson cut Pettry's throat after the victim had been talking with the suspect's wife.
Detectives say Hinson then put the bloody knife in his pocket and calmly walked out of the restaurant.
Pettry lived in Lake Villa, Ill., about 50 miles from Chicago.
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- Starke Man Dies After Losing Control Of His Motorcycle
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Man Found Dead After His Ex-Wife's Body was Discovered
- Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man Died After Boat Capsized
- Jacksonville International Airport Open Again After Being Shut Down for Removal of Destructive Device
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail