Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest
DEERFIELD BEACH - A 32-year-old Deerfield Beach man died after eating dozens of worms and cockroaches as part of an eating contest that was held Friday night.
Edward Archbold participated in a contest held at a reptile store in Deerfield Beach The winner was promised a python.
According to police, Archbold won but got sick and began throwing up.
He later collapsed in front of the store and was rushed to a hospital, where he died.
The owner of the store claims that contestants were required to sign a waiver before participating.
An autopsy will be performed on the body to dtermine the cause of death.
- Robber Steals Cash from a "Check 'N Go" Store
- Miami Beach Teen Dies Shortly After Being Tasered by Police
- Man Dies Falling from Balcony
- Florida Beach Closed After Reports Of Shark Bite
- Unusual Weather Keeps Love Bugs at Bay
- Man Dressed as Rambo Arrested After Bar Shooting
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Chicago Bears Fan Dies After Man Cuts His Throat
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot