Sinkholes Open in Central Florida
Published November 14th, 2012
It started with one yard, a giant sinkhole nearly sixty feet wide swallowed up the whole lawn.
Now engineers are worried the same thing could happen to dozens of nearby homes in Central Florida.
There's a ground water system connecting two bodies of water that may be to blame for the sinkhole.
The homeowner noticed it Monday morning and his insurance company sent out geo-technical engineer to investigate.
Neighbors say they're scrambling to add sinkhole protection to their policies.
- Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
- Sinkhole Opens Up Near Tampa
- Sinkhole Opens Up in Pine Hills
- Florida Prepaid open enrollment ends soon
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing