CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man shot his estranged wife and father-in-law in Coral Springs.
Thomas Maffei faces charges that include attempted murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse. Jail records show he's being held in the Broward County Jail on $11,000 bond. It was not immediately known if he has an attorney.
Coral Springs police say the 45-year-old fired shots through the front door of his wife's apartment on Friday night. He then held her and her father captive, firing at them both. The Sun Sentinel reports the shooting happened in front of the couple's 4-year-old boy. He was not harmed.
The woman and her father were taken to the hospital in serious condition with gunshot wounds.
Police say the couple was going through a divorce.
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Georgia Soldier Gets Hearing in Death of Pregnant Wife
- Several shot at Sikh temple in Wisconsin
- George Zimmerman's Wife Says He is 'Selfish'
- Calls: Zimmerman Told Wife to Buy Bulletproof Vest
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Todashev's Wife Speaks Out
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- Retired Cop Arrested For Killing Wife
- George Zimmerman's Wife Accepts Plea Deal