Man Sentenced To Prison For Drunk Driving
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay area man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for a drunken driving crash that left his friend dead.
A Hernando County judge sentenced 33-year-old Mikell Begley on Thursday after he pleaded no contest to DUI manslaughter.
Authorities say Begley had spent the afternoon drinking with a co-worker - 46-year-old Gary Ziegler - at a Spring Hill bar in April. Shortly after the men left, Begley lost control of the car after swerving to avoid hitting a Hernando County deputy's car. The car flipped, and then hit a fire hydrant and a tree. Ziegler died, and Begley was seriously injured.
Tests showed that Begley's blood-alcohol level after the crash was 0.121 and 0.125 percent. Florida law considers a driver impaired at 0.08.
- Man Sentenced To Prison for Killing Professor
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Fla. Teen Cited For DUI For Driving Golf Cart Drunk
- Mentally Disabled Man Sentenced After Shooting, Killing Father
- Man Sentenced For Killing Ex-Girlfriend
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison
- Gainesville Man Sentenced To 150 Months In Prison
- Man sentenced to 4 years prison after soliciting minor
- Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer