OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching for two fishermen whose undamaged boat was found stranded in a central Florida lake.
The Seminole County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission continued searching Sunday for Charles Jackson of Deltona and Jason Cobb of Osteen.
Jackson's boat was found Saturday in Lake Jesup after relatives reported the men overdue from a fishing trip.
Conservation commission spokeswoman Joy Hill says the men left in a 15-foot boat early Saturday. The boat was later found in some cattails north of their camp.
Hill says the men may have been ejected from the boat. It contained two life jackets, two paddles and eight unopened beer cans.
Hill says the lake has a large alligator population but it's too cold for them to be very active.
- One body found while search continues for missing boater
- 2 Missing Boaters Believed Dead
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Boaters Detained
- Search Grows For Missing Boater
- Body Of Second Missing Boater Found
- Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
- Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man