Florida Governor And Legislators Pay Little For Insurance
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida Governor Rick Scott and most state legislators are getting their health insurance coverage from the state.
And for many of them it's not that expensive.
Scott is paying less than $400 a year for family coverage. That's the same amount that 107 out of 120 members in the Florida House are paying.
Florida's 40 senators are also covered by the state but this month they started paying the same as rank-and-file state employees. Career service workers pay $50 a month for individual coverage and $180 a month for family coverage.
Scott and lawmakers this spring will decide whether to extend health insurance to nearly 1 million Floridians as part of the federal health care overhaul.
House Speaker Will Weatherford agreed there were inequities in what state officials are paying.
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
- Florida Governor To Lead Trade Mission To Paris
- Florida Governor Heading To Japan For Fall Trade Mission
- Governor Scott Meets With Black Caucus
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Comes To North Central Florida
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant