Man Shot In Face During Hate Crime
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. - Tampa Bay area deputies are searching for a suspect in what is being called a hate crime, after a man was shot in the face with a pellet gun.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office reports that a man and his girlfriend were shopping at a Walmart early Wednesday when the suspect started harassing them, believing the man was from the Middle East.
As the man and his girlfriend approached their car, the suspect came up to them and made several comments and then shot the man in the face with a pellet gun.
The suspect then ran off and hasn't been caught. The victim wasn't seriously hurt.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations is asking the FBI to investigate the case.
- Marion County Man Charged With Hate Crime
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- More Arrested in Florida Hate Crime, Conspiracy Case
- Rabbi killed in Florida; police say no hate crime
- Tranquilizer Used To Capture Kangaroo On The Run In Pasco County
- Missing Sarasota Hunter Found in Pasco County
- Clay County man shot and killed in front yard
- Man Pulls Gun During Panhandling Dispute
- Man Shot and Killed During Argument, Police Say
- Man Shot During Home Invasion