Toddler Reported Missing in South Florida
Published January 14th, 2013
Around the state, investigators in South Florida are searching for a child who's been gone for more than an year, but has just been reported missing.
Hallandale Beach police say Dontrell Melvin was last seen in July of 2011 when he was just five months old.
They say his 20 year old father told the boy's mother that he'd given him to his parents to have a better life.
Police say that exchange may have never happened.
Baby Dontrell's mother waited until last week to report him missing.
Authorities have taken the baby's father into custody.
He's considered a person of interest in Dontrell's disappearance.
- 2 more mysterious Zika infections reported in South Florida
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida
- South Florida Drug Scandal Causes FHSAA to Rethink Testing Policies
- Woman Arrested After Scamming South Florida Students
- Authorities Arrest Six in South Florida Crime Ring
- South Florida DJ Battle Heats Up
- South Florida Man Kills Children
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida