Man Fires Shots Inside Office Building In Largo
LARGO, Fla. - Largo police say a man walked into the lobby of an office, pulled a gun from his waistband and fired several rounds into windows and doors before shooting himself in the stomach.
Police say they don't think 52-year-old Fred Michael Sumner aimed any of his shots Wednesday at people in the building. Witnesses told officers that he aimed at lobby doors and windows. He then shot himself in what police characterized as an attempted suicide.
Sumner was hospitalized but his condition wasn't immediately available. He has been charged with criminal mischief and shooting within an occupied building.
Police said he was distraught over an alleged affair that his wife was having and that she worked in the building. No one else was injured.
- Man Attacks Neighbor with Machete, Barricades Himself Inside his Apartment
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- Florida man believed dead after setting building on fire
- Man Wanted In Penn. Building Collapse Turns Himself In
- A Man Identifies Himself as an Officer, then Rapes a Woman
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Sit In Inside of Governor Scott's Office
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Man Found Dead Inside Olivia Newton-John's Jupiter Home
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend