Walk for Trayvon Martin as his 18th Birthday Nears
MIAMI (AP) - Family, friends and supporters are remembering slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin with a peace walk in Miami.
The walk on Saturday was one of two events his parents have organized around the week of what would have been his 18th birthday. It also comes about two weeks before the anniversary of his death.
Martin was shot and killed by George Zimmerman after the two got into a confrontation last year in Sanford, Fla. The shooting set off a national outcry and debate on race relations in the United States.
Zimmerman claimed to be acting in self-defense and it was weeks before he was arrested and charged with murder. He now awaits trial.
- Tape of George Zimmerman May Help His Defense
- Police Probe George Zimmerman on Inconsistencies In His Story
- More Rallies for Trayvon Martin
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements