Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. - Authorities say a 4-year-old boy is in an Orlando hospital after nearly drowning on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship while it was docked at Port Canaveral before embarking on a Caribbean cruise.
Disney Cruise Line spokeswoman Rena Langley said the child was unresponsive when he was pulled from the pool on Saturday afternoon. He was taken first to a hospital near Port Canaveral and then to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital in Orlando. There was no update on his condition on Tuesday.
Langley says the cruise line's focus is on assisting the boy's family.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. as the ship was preparing to leave for the western Caribbean. Port Canaveral police investigated and the ship left port about 45 minutes late.
- Carnival: Boy drowns in pool on cruise
- Passengers Return to US After Cruise Ship Fire
- Carnival: No Reimbursement To U.S. For Disabled Ship
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Mother Charged In Infant's Bathtub Drowning
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Arkansas Man Drowns Off Panama City Beach
- Fla. Spent Nearly $173,000 Extra on Security
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville