Golf Course Worker Turns In $36,000
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida golf course employee is being commended for helping return $36,000 in cash to its rightful owner.
Police say Rachel Castillo found a bag full of money in January at Miami Beach Golf Course. She turned the money over to authorities, who found a name and address in the bag. The 76-year-old man was no longer living at the address, but officials managed to track him to an assisted living facility.
Police verified that the money belonged to the old man, who will get it all back.
If no one had claimed the money in 90 days, Castillo could have kept it.
- Details Released On Two Deaths Near Golf Course
- Anthony Paying $25,000 to Avoid Writing Life Story
- Fla. Spent Nearly $173,000 Extra on Security
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Fla. Workers Compensation Rate Could Go Up Again
- House Reduces Planned Raise to State Workers
- Worker Crushed By Elevator
- 15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI
- Cuba To Turn Over Florida Couple And Children