Man Killed During Police Pursuit
MIAMI (AP) - A man was fatally shot in South Florida during a police pursuit.
It wasn't immediately clear who shot the man, but Opa-locka officials say police have a second man in custody, and officers were looking for a weapon in a nearby canal.
Reports say that an officer involved in Thursday's pursuit suffered an ankle injury after exiting his car.
Earlier Thursday, Miami-Dade police shot 32-year-old Jeffrey Paul while investigating a cell phone theft.
Police say uniformed officers went to a home to investigate the reported theft, and Paul was armed with a handgun when he opened the door.
Investigators say there was a brief confrontation during which shots were fired. Paul was airlifted to a hospital in serious but stable condition.
No officers were injured.
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
- Man Shot and Killed During Argument, Police Say
- Former NFL Player Shot by Police
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- Man Fatally Wounded at Florida Shooting Range
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- Officials Search For Man Who Shot At Deputies
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman