Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
CALLAWAY, Fla. (AP) - A 7-year-old boy has died a week after he was attacked by two bulldogs while riding his bicycle after school.
Reports say that Tyler Jett was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon at a Pensacola hospital. He suffered a punctured carotid artery.
The child was attacked April 2 by an Alapaha blood bulldog named Fat Boy and a brindle bulldog named MJ. Authorities say the dogs belonged to Edward Daniels Jr.
Family members came to Jett's aid and chased the dogs back to Daniels' home.
Deputies investigating the attack arrested Daniels on drug charges, and officials announced Monday he was charged with manslaughter.
He was also charged last week with tampering with evidence. Authorities say he washed blood from the dog's face.
- Shark Bites Boy In Florida Panhandle
- Boy dies after being mauled by 2 pit bulls
- Boy Dies In Car While Parents At Funeral
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf