Search For Missing Child In Longboat Key, Back On
LONGBOAT KEY, Fla. (AP) - The Coast Guard has resumed its search for a 6-year-old boy who went missing in the waters off southwest Florida.
Officials say the child was swimming with his three cousins at Longboat Pass on Saturday when the children got caught in a strong current.
The Sarasota Herald Tribune (http://tinyurl.com/cmacree) reports rescuers pulled three children from the water but could not find the fourth.
Several agencies searched for the boy using boats, jet skis and a Coast Guard air ship.
With no sign of the child, officials suspended the search Saturday night, but resumed on Sunday.
Information from: Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, http://www.heraldtribune.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
4/21/2013 10:05:25 AM (GMT -4:00)
- New Leads Sought in Search for Missing Mom, Kids
- Audio Experts Play Key Role In Zimmerman Hearings
- Several Key Motions Set in Trayvon Martin Case
- Key Vote on Immigration Set in Senate
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- WWII Era Bomb Recovered In Keys
- Florida Keys Man Charged with Threating Officials
- 5 Key Moments From First Week of Zimmerman Trial
- Child Killer Set to Be Executed
- Texas Search Firm Seeks $100K From Casey Anthony