Worker Crushed By Elevator
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. - A worker died after an elevator fell on him at a Tradewinds Resort property in St. Pete Beach.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reports that 45-year-old Mark Allen Johnson and another employee of SWS Environmental Services were working Wednesday morning at Jacaranda Beach Villas, cleaning oil from the elevator shaft. The elevator was locked by hotel maintenance before the men beginning their work.
The two men had been working in the shaft for approximately 40 minutes when the elevator fell. The other worker was not injured.
The sheriff's office is investigating the death as an accident. It wasn't immediately clear what caused the elevator to fall.
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Fla. Workers Compensation Rate Could Go Up Again
- Golf Course Worker Turns In $36,000
- 15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package
- House Reduces Planned Raise to State Workers
- 1 Dead in Police-Involved Shooting in St. Pete
- St. Petersburg Man Sentenced for Firearms, Drugs
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death