Claiming Property Now Easier With New Law
TALLAHASSEE, Fl- Governor Rick Scott signed legislation on Thursday morning making it easier for people to claim property, such as the content of bank safety deposit boxes that have been forgotten about, or utility deposits.
The state is currently holding a billion dollars worth of unclaimed property and Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater says the numbers are growing.
You can visit www.fltreasurehunt.org to see if the state is holding your property. In the last two years, almost half a billion dollars has been returned to its rightful owners.
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
- Florida Governor Heading To Japan For Fall Trade Mission
- Florida Governor And Legislators Pay Little For Insurance
- Governor Scott Signs Kimbrough's Death Warrant
- 'Inspirational Message' Bill Makes its Way to Governor
- New law will aid families of officers and firefighters killed in line of duty
- New Law On Restaurant Inspection Checks
- In Florida, 150 New Laws Take Effect on Monday
- Florida Counties to Sue Over New State Medicaid Law
- Tallahassee Area Teacher Killed In Wreck With Bus