Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is reappointing three agency heads passed over by the Florida Senate.
Scott on Thursday announced he was reappointing State Surgeon General John Armstrong along with Michael Crews and Jesse Panuccio.
Crews is secretary of the Department of Corrections. Panuccio is executive director of the Department of Economic Opportunity.
The Senate's decision to pass over two agency heads this spring was not a surprise.
Sen. Jack Latvala, R-Clearwater, said senators were troubled by Armstrong's attitude. Latvala also questioned whether Panuccio, the former general counsel for Scott, was qualified to run the state's jobs agency.
Scott on Thursday also reappointed three members to the State Board of Education.
Those reappointed Thursday must be confirmed next year or they will be forced to leave their posts.
- Florida Governor Heading To Japan For Fall Trade Mission
- Scott Re-appoints Hundreds
- Fight Over Confederate General's Portrait Dropped
- Governor Scott Expresses Disappointment Towards FAU
- Bill Outlawing Marijuana Pipes Headed to Governor
- Governor Scott Comes To North Central Florida
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Governor Scott Makes Reference to Wrong Person
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians