Heroes Rescue Disabled Vet from Pond
LEALMAN, Fla. (AP) - Two Good Samaritans are being praised after authorities say they rescued a disabled veteran whose wheelchair rolled into a southwest Florida pond.
Lealman Police say 79-year-old Robert Lunay was sitting in his wheelchair overlooking a pond Friday night when his wheelchair slipped and he fell into the water. Lunay is a double-amputee.
Robert Fields and Norman Steers happened to be nearby and heard Lunay calling for help. They jumped into the water and pulled him to shore.
Lunay was not injured.
- Climate Talk Shifts From Curbing CO2 to Adapting
- Carnival: No Reimbursement To U.S. For Disabled Ship
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Fatal Bicycle Accident
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car