Largest Python Ever Caught in Florida
MIAMI-DADE - A Miami man captured and killed what many say is the largest Burmese python ever caught in Florida.
Jason Leon was driving in a rural section of southwest Miami-Dade earlier this month when he and his friends spotted a large snake in the road.
Leon says he pulled over and began dragging the snake out of the bushes.
That's when the python began wrapping itself around the man's leg.
His friends grabbed a knife and killed the python.
Experts at the University of Florida identified the snake as a 18-foot, 8-inch long female.
You may recall the previous record-holding snake was 17-feet, 7-inches that was captured last August in the Everglades.
- Largest Python Ever Found in Everglades
- 27 Pythons Killed So Far In Florida's Python Hunt
- Dozens of Pythons Killed So Far in Florida Python Challenge
- $485 million Powerball jackpot is 5th largest in US history
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- Florida Python Hunt Continues
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Fla. Pythons to be Caught, Euthanized
- Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf