Missing Man's Kayak Washes Up in Pensacola
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a yellow kayak of a missing Pensacola man was found by a fisherman on Okaloosa Island.
The kayak was spotted in the sand Thursday afternoon. But there's still no sign of 21-year-old Joe Kane, who went missing May 13. He went kayaking from a spot near Sherman Cove at Pensacola Naval Air Station with his dog Frannie.
A multi-agency search has turned up few leads in the case.
The Pensacola News Journal reports father Jim Kane says the family is coming to grips with the reality that the Florida State University student won't be found alive.
The Escambia County Sheriff's office is still looking for items that were in Kane's possession, including a black and silver Pelican brand paddle, a camouflage dry bag and a life jacket.
- Ohio Man's Ex-relatives Say He is a 'Monster'
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Humpback Whale Carcass Washes Ashore
- Missing Soldier's Family Holds Out Hope for News
- Man's Body Still Missing in Sinkhole, House Demolished
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death