Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf
DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A teenager has died after getting caught in rough surf at a South Florida state park.
Authorities say the 15-year-old went missing Monday afternoon while visiting John U. Lloyd Beach State Park with his family. The teen's family told police that a wave pulled him under as they made their way out of the rough waters.
Other beachgoers helped search for him, eventually spotting him in the water a short distance away.
According to witnesses, the boy was not responsive after being pulled onto the beach.
The teen was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities have not released the teen's identity.
Red flags and signs at the park warned beachgoers about rough conditions and rip currents.
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Infant Dies After Eating Liquid Laundry Packet
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash