Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 14 month old boy is recovering in the hospital after he was hit by a vehicle and dragged for several feet.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's officials said Jaike Young was playing outside with several other children Friday when a vehicle stopped in front of the home to drop someone off.
As the car was pulling away, another child threw a rock in front of the car and the toddler ran to get the rock. Jaike was too small for the driver to see and was dragged eight to 10 feet underneath the car before the driver stopped.
He was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities say the driver, who was not identified, will not be cited.
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Human Remains Found in Trunk of Burned Car
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car