Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - A man is hospitalized with life threatening injuries after being shot in a confrontation with two sheriff's deputies in the Tampa Bay area.
According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, deputies Steven Smith and Mark Douglas responded to a call about an armed man in Largo on Friday night.
The sheriff's office says the deputies attempted to stop the suspect's sport utility vehicle. The suspect got out of his vehicle and attempted to jump a nearby fence.
According to authorities, Smith and Douglas shot the suspect several times during a confrontation. Additional details about the confrontation were not immediately available Saturday.
The suspect was taken to a hospital with life threatening injuries. Neither Smith nor Douglas was injured.
The sheriff's office says both deputies will be placed on routine paid administrative leave.
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- House Catches Fire Twice in Two Days
- Two Men Sentenced in Marine Life Trafficking
- Orangutan at Atlanta's Zoo Pregnant for Third Time
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze
- Two Former University of Georgia Athletes Indicted on charges to Commit Armed Robbery
- Tampa Police Shooting
- FHP Seeking Tips on Tampa Road Rage Incident