2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
MARY ESTHER, Fla. (AP) - Two people died and six others were injured in a crash near Hurlburt Field in the Florida Panhandle.
The six-vehicle crash happened Thursday near the main gate of the U.S. Air Force installation. The westbound lanes of U.S. Highway 98 were closed for hours as the Florida Highway Patrol investigated the crash.
Capt. Joey Boudreaux of the Mary Esther Fire Department says both fatalities were in the same vehicle. He told the Northwest Florida Daily News the other victims were taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
A number of agencies worked together to get the injured people to the hospital and to clear the scene.
- 5 dead, 5 injured In Santa Monica Shooting
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- 6-vehicle Crash Leaves at Least One Person Dead
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- Mayor: 13 Dead, Including Gunman, at Navy Yard
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- 2 Dead and Scores Injured in Boston Marathon Bombings
- 3 Tourists Drown in Rough Surf Across Panhandle