4 Injured When SUV Rams into Florida Waffle House
COCOA, Fla. (AP) - Four people were injured when the driver of a sports utility vehicle rammed into a Waffle House in Cocoa before leaving the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash happened about 3:50 a.m. Friday at the restaurant near Interstate 95.
Troopers say they aren't sure why the driver accelerated and crossed over the curb outside the restaurant. Witnesses said he backed up and then fled the scene before authorities arrived.
A Brevard County building inspector declared the restaurant safe, but advised managers to use caution.
The FHP is looking for the SUV, which should have significant damage to the front end.
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Florida House Passes Ethics Bill
- Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Chrysler to Recall 630,000 SUVs Worldwide
- House Approves Bill to Speed Up Capital Punishment
- State House Passes Limited Health Care Bill
- House Reduces Planned Raise to State Workers