Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
Published June 9th, 2013
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Police in Bradenton have shot and killed a man they say held his girlfriend hostage and threatened an officer.
Bradenton police report the man wouldn't let the woman leave for a day and a half.
She managed to escape and texted information and a photo of her battered face to a cousin in North Carolina who then contacted police.
Officers went to the home and confronted the man Saturday afternoon.
Investigators say a foot chase ensued and at one point the man had a pipe and threatened an officer.
The officer shot him once, killing him.
Police have not identified the suspect.
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man Who Threatened Police Sentenced to Holding 'Idiot' Sign
- Florida Man Gets Life For Strangling Girlfriend
- Man Calls 911 To Keep Girlfriend From Leaving
- Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
- Former NFL Player Shot by Police
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Officials Search For Man Who Shot At Deputies
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU