Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida man is recovering from serious injuries after authorities say a family member purposefully struck him with an SUV following an argument.
Hernando County Sheriff's officials said 28-year-old Phillip Atkins was visiting family members in Spring Hill when he and another male relative got into a fight Friday night. After the fight, authorities said Atkins left and returned a short time later and struck the victim with his Ford Expedition SUV.
Authorities said the victim was taken to the hospital and appears to have serious injuries. The victim has not been identified.
The investigation continues, but no charges have been filed.
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Seminole County Holds Hurricane Expo for Families
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- Man Accidentally Electrocuted in Attic