Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Two Killed In Southwest Florida Crash
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - Two people died after a tanker truck crashed into a stopped minivan on Interstate 75 in southwest Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 16-year-old Jannelle Arvelaez's van was stopped with its hazard light flashing in the southbound outside lane of I-75 near Naples around 3 a.m. Thursday.
A tanker truck driven by 48-year-old Alexander Brener traveling in the same lane rear-ended the van and overturned.
FHP says both drivers were ejected from their vehicles. Brener died at the scene, and Arvelaez died later at a Fort Myers hospital.
Investigators weren't immediately sure why Arvelaez was pulled over on the highway.
The overturned tanker blocked an exit ramp, and about 3,000 gallons of a bleaching agent called hypochloride was spilled.
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
- Police: Teen in Asiana Crash Hit by Fire Truck
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Church Van Crash Kills Two
- Wildfire Hazards for Homeowners