Couple Abandons More Than 40 Dogs
Published August 18th, 2013
MARIANNA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are looking for a couple they say abandoned more than 40 dogs, leaving the animals in filthy conditions at a home in Marianna.
Jackson County Sheriff's officials said the dogs had been living in putrid conditions for quite some time without food. Some of the dogs had died and were being eaten by the other dogs because there was no other food.
Medical officials said the surviving dogs had numerous injuries. Some were life-threatening. The dogs were transported to Animal Control of West Florida, Inc.
Officials issued warrants for the owners, Heidi Amanda Westman and Lelend Emery Kluth, for 42 counts of animal cruelty on Friday.
Authorities believe the couple has fled the immediate area.
- More Than 60 Dogs Saved from Fighting Ring
- Deputies: Couple 47 Dogs in Deplorable Conditions
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- Nelson, Mack Disagree More Than Agree on Debates
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen
- Vandals Trash More Than 40 Cars in Miami
- Abandoned Infant Doing Well in DCF Custody
- Duke Energy Customers Will Continue to Pay for Abandoned Nuclear Plants
- More than a Dozen Nabbed in Warrant Sweep