Woman Killed in Bus Crash Identified as Disney Employee
Published August 18th, 2013
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have identified the woman who died in a bus crash near Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a Disney's Magical Express bus rear-ended a car Friday afternoon. Witnesses said the car driven by 63-year-old Solange Blain stopped in the middle of the road, and the bus was unable to brake.
Disney officials confirmed Sunday that Blain worked at one of the park's hotels.
Disney officials said in a statement they were saddened "by the loss of a fellow cast member" and offered heartfelt condolences to her family.
FHP says two of the 36 bus passengers were hospitalized with minor injuries. Disney officials said they are also providing support to the passengers.
No charges were immediately filed.
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary shuttle service that transports guests between the airport and the resort.
- School Bus Crash Kills Woman
- Bus Crash Kills 9 year old
- Woman Killed in Boat Crash
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- Pilot in SW Fla. small plane crash identified
- Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
- Tallahassee Area Teacher Killed In Wreck With Bus
- Woman gets 50 years for killing woman with car
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Bus Crash Lands 14 Students And Driver In Hospital