Scandal at Lakeland Police Department
LAKELAND, FL - The woman at the center of a sex scandal at a police station has been fired. She joins the more than two dozen officers and city employees that have either been fired, resigned or disciplined in the wake of the scandal.
Sue Eberle, a crime analyst with the Lakeland Police Department, made accusations back in July that she had been sexually harassed in the department for seven years. A state attorney's report detailing the allegations include both consensual and forced sex encounters.
The police chief says Eberle was fired because she lied and didn't cooperate with the investigation.
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges
- Lakeland Police Department Facing Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
- Sex Scandal Investigation at Police Dept.
- Police Deaths on the Rise in Wake of Lakeland Funeral
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- 2 Dead in Triple Shooting in Lakeland
- Agro-Terrorism: From the Farm to the Fork
- Florida A&M President Resigns in Wake of Scandal
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Fla. Education Chief Resigns Amid Grading Scandal