School Closed for Cleaning After Students Get Sick
WESTON, Fla. (AP) - Cleaning crews are at work at a South Florida elementary school where dozens of students have fallen ill.
WFOR-TV reports clean-up crews are working with the health department to sanitize Manatee Bay Elementary.
Students at the school in Weston have reported symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea and fever.
The principal sent a letter to parents urging them to keep any sick kids home and encourage their children to wash their hands frequently.
Parents told the station between 200 and 300 kids had gotten sick and some were going to the school to pick their children up.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Students Nervously Return to School After Shooting
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- East Marion Elementary School Undergoes Deep Cleaning After Infection Outbreak
- Volusia County Clean-up After Tornado
- Florida Beach Closed After Reports Of Shark Bite
- Diver's father wants cave closed after deaths
- Fort De Soto Park Closed After Water Outage
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Third Student Dies After School Shooting
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student