Two Tourists Killed in Boating Accident
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Two tourists are dead after their personal watercraft collided with a tour boat near a Clearwater causeway.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that a 51-year-old man and a 49-year-old woman on a rented water scooter crashed into a double-decker tour boat on a dolphin-sighting cruise Saturday. No one on the tour boat was injured.
Investigators with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission are trying to determine what happened to cause the collision. Authorities said the incident should serve as a reminder of the hazards of personal watercraft.
The incident is the second fatal accident this month involving a water scooter in the area. Fifteen-year-old Katie Yale of Seminole died after a Labor Day collision between her inner tube and a personal watercraft.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two Children Killed in Boating Accident
- Miami Woman Dies In Boat Accident
- Vigil For Two Men Killed in Car Accident Ends Sooner Than Expected
- Eight month old and two adults killed in car accident in Williston
- Woman Killed in Boat Crash
- Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Woman killed in Fourth of July fireworks accident
- Florida Teen Who Murdered Two Tourists Gets Sentenced