Inmate Commits Suicide with Bed Sheet
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a jail inmate in the Florida Keys committed suicide in his cell.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, Glenn Breeland hanged himself with a bed sheet Friday afternoon at the Stock Island jail. Deputies and nurses from the jail's medical unit attempted to revive Breeland, but he could not be revived.
The sheriff's office says the 29-year-old Key Largo man was arrested in May after he allegedly beat and choked his ex-girlfriend.
Authorities are investigating Breeland's death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- Fla. Inmate Tries To Escape By Putting Dummy In Bed
- Alachua County Jail Inmate Attempts Suicide
- Acclaimed Film Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide
- NFL Star Apparently Commits Suicide
- Man who stabbed wife commits suicide
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Ariel Castro Commits Suicide
- Truck Bed Dangers