Winn-Dixie Buys Sweetbay
JACKSONVILLE--Sweetbay supermarkets around the Sunshine State are getting a makeover of sorts.
The grocery chain has been acquired by Winn-Dixie's parent company and will soon adapt their name as well.
Jacksonville-based Bi-Lo Holdings, announced it will take over 72 Sweetbay locations from its current owner, Belgian-based Delhaize Group, in a deal worth a reported $265 million dollars.
Bi-Lo says it plans to keep all of Sweetbay's store-level employers and implement Winn-Dixie's membership rewards system.
The name change is expected to happen in the first quarter of 2014.
- Possible E-Coli Contamination Causes Winn-Dixie to Recall Beef
- Right Time to Buy?
- Calls: Zimmerman Told Wife to Buy Bulletproof Vest
- Buying Vacant Homes
- Beckham to Buy Soccer Team
- Arrests in Dixie County Crime Spree
- Fake Money Used to Buy Phone Cards at Lake City Business
- Buy S.M.A.R.T. Begins Thursday
- Identity Thieves Used Money to Buy Cars, Shop
- Food Co-op Urges Residents Buy, Eat Local