Elderly Woman Shot by Gunman in Her Home
MIAMI (AP) - An elderly South Florida woman in a wheelchair has been shot and wounded inside her own home.
The Miami Police Department said the 70-year-old woman was watching television Friday morning when a gunman appeared outside her door and began shooting into the house. Police say the woman was hit several times.
The woman's 26-year-old granddaughter was also in the home and was also wounded by gunfire.
Both women were being treated at a local hospital. Their names were not immediately released. The elderly woman was listed Friday afternoon in serious condition and her granddaughter was in stable condition.
Police say the older woman was not the target of the shooting but they released no other details.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Elderly Woman Found Murdered in Her Home
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Police Search for Gunman Who Shot Four Men
- Elderly Woman Attacked In Home
- Elderly Woman Stabbed During Home Invasion
- Elderly Woman Found Dead in Home
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Bradford County Woman Stabs Robber in her Home
- Woman Says Accident Started A Fire In Her Home
- Woman Finds Bullet In Her Home