Man Accused of Armed Robbery Released
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man who had been accused of armed robbery is free after a key witness recanted her story.
The Naples Daily News reports that Jarryd Webb was released from the Collier County jail last week. The 26-year-old East Naples man had been accused of robbing a group of siblings at gunpoint in February.
Webb maintained his innocence, saying that he had sold drugs to the group but not robbed them. Unable to post bail, Webb spent months behind bars awaiting trial. The witness who identified Webb as the robber later recanted her story.
Last week, prosecutors said they dropped all charges due to insufficient evidence.
Webb's defense attorney, Giovana Upson, said she "knew the truth would eventually come out."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Therapist Accused of Setting Up Armed Robbery
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Man Gets Life Sentence For Fatal Robbery
- Man Guilty In Fatal Robbery
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
- Violent Armed Robberies Related?
- ARMED ROBBERY
- Gainesville Armed Robberies
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store