Man Charged for the Death of Pregnant Wife
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A judge has denied bond to a 33-year-old Orlando man charged with fatally shooting his wife, who was eight months pregnant with twins.
Michael Boyce wore a protective vest during his first court appearance Saturday as he faces first-degree murder charges in the death of his 23-year-old wife.
He initially told deputies Alexis Boyce shot herself in the head, but later said he accidentally shot her.
Alexis Boyce and one of the twin were pronounced dead. The other twin remains hospitalized.
Deputies say the victim's parents were in their bedroom when the shooting occurred.
Leon Huntley, Alexis Boyce's father, told WFTV he ordered Michael Boyce to put the weapon down and called 911.
He said his daughter was in the U.S. Navy and moved to the home after learning she was pregnant.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Georgia Soldier Gets Hearing in Death of Pregnant Wife
- Marion County Deputy Resigns, Charged with Battery on Pregnant Wife
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Man Found Dead After His Ex-Wife's Body was Discovered
- Man Charged In Death of Ocala Woman
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large