Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
BELLE GLADE, Fla. (AP) - A Palm Beach County man has been charged with attempted murder and assault after allegedly opening fire on sheriff's deputies after they tried to stop his car.
Authorities identified the suspect Sunday as 25-year-old Lance Joseph of Belle Glade. Joseph was wounded when the deputies returned fire and was being treated at a local hospital. Authorities say a public defender will be appointed to represent him.
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw told The Palm Beach Post that deputies were looking for a car that matched Joseph's when he got out, pointed a handgun at their marked police cruiser and opened fire. None of the deputies were injured.
Joseph is facing two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated assault.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man arrested on attempted murder charges following attack at bar
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- DNA leads to a man being charged with attempted murder
- Man Accused of Shooting at Deputy May Face More Charges
- Man Charged in Ocklawaha Murder
- Man charged with murder in death of 3-month-old daughter
- Deputies: 16-year-old attempted robbery suspect could be charged as adult
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder